Monday, July 7, 2008

Backyard Salad




Last night we had a backyard salad. Our lettuce greens are getting big so I began plucking the outer leaves. Scooter boiled some eggs from our chickens while I harvested some potatoes.

If you've never done potatoes before, let me just say that they come back year after year. I started with a small amount two years ago and now they volunteer since you can never get all of the tiny seed potatoes out of the ground. We also added some blue potatoes from seeds of change for a little added variety this year.

NOTE: New potatoes cook quickly so dont boil/bake as long as your typically do.





Our salad was pretty darn tasty. The only outside ingredients were olive oil, ground pepper, and some red peppers that I pickled last year [from farmer's market]

No comments: